Well, silicone rubber is considered to be the most used synthetic rubber. It consists of silicone bonded with carbon, hydrogen and oxygen for creating cross-linked polymer, which is then reinforced with silicone. That results in a synthetic elastomer, which presents the right balance of chemical and mechanical characteristics for demanding applications.
Getting to know the advantages of Silicone rubber [ยาง ซิ ลิ โคน ,which is the term in Thai] is one way to understand why this product is widely accepted by the business fields.
Advantages that come along with it:
You will be glad to know that environmental resistance is the main goal of silicone rubber. It exhibits higher resistance level to some of the harsh environmental factors. Some of those are extreme temperatures, corrosive chemicals, UV radiations and open flames.
- Moreover, thermal stability is another interesting point of silicone rubber. It will help in retaining its flexibility, durability and shape even in extreme cold and hot temperatures.
- On the other hand, silicone rubber is resistant to water. It is water repellent and malleable, which makes it one major sealant to consider.
- Silicone rubber can further be molded and then shaped to get the desired specifications. You can adjust the formulation to enhance or downplay some of the characteristics like toughness, electrical conductivity and flexibility.
- Apart from the points mentioned, it can also be stated that silicone rubber can withstand harsh chemicals, high temperature and radiation exposure. These points are widely needed with FDA regulation based sterilization methods. So, that makes silicone rubber a great medical material.
- On the other hand, silicone rubber is quite easy to color, before even starting the curing procedure. So, that results in a vivid and lasting shade.
So, next time you are looking for the best industrial raw material, silicone rubber resin [เร ซิ่น, which is the term in Thai]will always be at the top of the list.