The resin solution (น้ำยา เร ซิ่น which is the term in Thai) is not only a product to add to the aesthetic character parts. The material has several benefits, such as:
- Resistance: The first point to be made about epoxy is its resistance. When applied on a surface, it becomes much more resistant to shock or breakage, for example.
- Durability: The durability of any surface increases; after all, a protective layer is inserted into the material. For surfaces that wear out more quickly, the application of resin is a great option.
- Avoids risks: The scratches on tables and floors can be very uncomfortable for many people (mainly because it is not changed frequently). Epoxy prevents scratches and keeps the surface smooth.
- Waterproofing: Resins are impenetrable materials. Since most materials are porous, this is essential to contribute to durability. In the case of wood, as will be discussed later, it makes all the difference.
- Prevents wear to weathering: Chemical, physical and biological weathering is less intense when there is an epoxy layer. The material is not very reactive, so it ends up not being influenced by these agents.
- Enables monolithic floors: Monolithic floors are floors without grout. This is one of the fascinating applications of epoxy resin. It is possible to use the material directly as a floor, and since it is fluid, there is a way to spread it throughout the area without any seam.
- Easy cleaning: It is effortless to clean floors and furniture covered with epoxy. It is neither a porous surface nor a reagent; wipe with a broom and a damp cloth.
Epoxy Resin For Wood
The wood resin can be an epoxy resin. Wood is a naturally porous material and accepts epoxy very well! Epoxy is usually used on floors (when transparent) or on tables (as discussed in the next chapter). In the case of floors, the objective is to give more shine and more excellent protection to the wooden veneers, so the transparent resin is more suitable in these cases.
It gives a unique look because the epoxy provides the shine and a relatively thick layer, and this 3D play gives all the difference in the look. Other types of resin, such as acrylic resin, only allow a small layer to be applied to the wood to protect it. In this case, some resins also shine, so it brings a lovely finish to the floor. It is also used in silicon rubber (ยาง ซิ ลิ โคน which is the term in Thai)
The wooden floor is a somewhat complicated option in civil construction, being necessary to take all care of so that the coating lasts for a long time. From the extraction of wood to the treatment, everything must be of quality and properly installed. The epoxy resin is an excellent alternative because it dramatically protects the wood and makes the durability increase in surprising ways, mainly because of making the waterproof part.